Last weekend there was a much-needed Bon Bon Rose Girls reunion. There’s nothing like meeting up with close high school friends for an evening of non-stop travels down memory lane. On the agenda, was an outdoor photo session with Corey from Best Part Photography to capture some new head shots for the ladies and I. Despite the ridiculous humidity and an impending hurricane, we still continued with the outdoor location. I had my job as makeup artist cut out for me but…I would make the ladies look nothing less than lovely! For Kristin’s look, I focused on giving her a super natural and flawless complexion along with a bright lip.
Tips for outdoor photography:
1) Use a foundation primer! This is key for your skin to look absolutely amazing and smooth. It also makes your foundation stay put in the most humid of conditions (it was even Hurricane Isaac proof…)
2) Make sure to set your foundation with a loose powder to keep any shininess at bay (you want to avoid the “glazed doughnut” look…).
3) Bring a few blotting papers to touch up in between shots.
4) Choose a bright lip. Outdoor lighting tends to wash out lighter colors.
5) Exfoliate your face and lips before your session. Dry and flaky skin are definitely visible in outdoor lighting.
A few products I used to create Kristin’s look:
I started by applying Smashbox Photo Finish Primer followed by foundation.
For Kristin’s eyes, I used a concealer to brighten her under eye area. Next, I applied bronzed shadows from MAC, lined with Bobbi’s Long-Wear Gel Eye Liner in Espresso and finished it off with black mascara.
MAC Honesty Eye Shadow
MAC Tempting Eye Shadow
Bobbi Brown Espresso Long-Wear Gel Liner
For the bright lip, I went with the one and only Bobbi Brown Cosmic Raspberry Lip Color
Here is the finished product!
Have any of you had outdoor photo shoots and battled any elements? Share your tips with us!